January 22, 2006

Some of the 'Faces' of My Place

The place where I live is called Érd. It is a town situated on some hills near the River Danube, some 20 km south-west of Budapest, the capital city of Hungary. It is nice to live in the vicinity of a big city like Budapest and be able to use all the amenities it affords. And it does offer a lot. There are loads of theatres, cinemas, art exhibitions and good restaurants.
The photos below show some of our town's past, present and future.




Our town Érd with its population of about 60,000 used to be a very quiet place to live in, a kind of 'sleeping town' with lots of commuters working in the nearby capital city.







However, there have been a lot of changes in Érd recently. It is becoming a regional centre of the neighbouring smaller settlements with its town centre undergoing considerable changes. Quite a lot of new office blocks and shopping centres have been built overnight.







6 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Hello Valeria,
Welcome to blogosphere!
You surely managed to give us a good idea of where you live with all the photos and captions. Lovely photo of the Danube and impressive snowfall. Here I am melting under the weight of the heat and humidity.
Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee

9:43 PM  
Blogger SusNyrop said...

dear Valeria,

Marvellous pictures from Hungary. Looks like a beautiful place to live.

I loved to listen to your soft voice and music.

I can see that you saved the mp3 file somewhere on a local server, and my question is now, how did you put this into your blogspot blog?

yours,

Sus (in Denmark)

1:51 AM  
Blogger anitanita said...

Hello Valeria,
I really like your intro, especially the background music. Great!
Greetings from Slovenia

7:21 PM  
Blogger delvallesiosi said...

Hello Valeria:
I loved your pictures. If you could send me some of your snow it would be great...It's so hot this summer in Argentina.35ºCentigrades yesterday.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Renata said...

Wow, well done, Valeria
Your layot really inspired me to improve on my own blog.
I visite Budapest once as a teenager, coming from good-shortages to the well-supplied Budapest.
No wonder all I can remember are shops full of goods!
:)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Valeria said...

It was so nice to find so many comments in my blog. Thank you very much.Now I've just got to figure out how to comment to your comments.... sus suggested I should do it in the comment area and I suppose I am just there. OK...let's see what happens. Anyway I just sign just in case it happens to land somewhere else in the cyberspace.. Valeria

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home